Job no: 496313
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to 1 Million homes and businesses throughout Australia. Our mission of ‘keeping it fair’ is underpinned by its values of affordability, simplicity, efficiency, and environmental friendliness. With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, and reducing energy expenses, Alinta Energy continues to grow.
We are looking for a Business Analyst based out of Sydney for a 6 Months Max Term Contract. The primary objective of the role is to liaise with multiple business units (including East Coast, West Coast, Wholesale, Retail, Finance) to understand, gather and document requirements for financial forecasting models, and to re-design the models in Excel to a standard and replicable format.
In parallel to this program of model re-design, this position is responsible to trace all data inputs and outputs from the forecasting models to their source with definitions agreed and documented to ensure standardisation of terms and calculations across Alinta. This position will then work closely with Solution Architects / BI Developers / Analysts to transfer these models into an online forecasting tool to deliver efficient, effective, sustainable and valuable outcomes for the business.
Candidates with expertise using complex Excel models would be highly regarded.
The key responsibilities would include:
- Actively gather, elicit, analyse and understand business requirements for forecasting model solutions, from both end-user/consumer and data/developer perspectives
- Translate and document business requirements into technical specifications and modelled solutions
- Capture, document, analyse and revise (where appropriate) current and proposed high level business processes related to the requirements
- Estimate timing of tasks required to complete the solution, and develop project plan(s) accordingly
- Co-ordinate all facets of user acceptance testing, including test cases and test plans
- Facilitate the acceptance process, ensuring the deliverables are built and delivered according to the agreed requirements
- Engage and manage stakeholders and related communications throughout the delivery cycle, including regular status updates
- With reference to the ‘as-is’ model, identify gaps that limit or constrain the ability to deliver forecasting solutions & map out a plan of action for improvement opportunities
- Tertiary level qualification in finance, business, IT, information management or similar
- Proven stakeholder management capability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, directed to end-users/consumers, technical teams or management at all levels in the organisation
- At least 3 years of experience in a Finance or Business Analyst role
- Technical knowledge of requirements gathering, process documentation, project planning, testing methodologies, change management methodologies
- Technical expertise of complex Excel models and best practice
- Sound technical specification writing/documentation skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analysis skills
- Highly developed critical thinking, with ability to distil complex information into clear and concise concepts
- Proven customer service focus
- Working knowledge of forecasting processes (e.g. data acquisition and input, driver identification, output extraction, integration etc.)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities; resilience
What’s in it for you?
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for yourself!
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date:
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend