FP&A Reporting Lead
Job no: 496342
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to 1 Million homes and businesses throughout Australia. Our mission of ‘keeping it fair’ is underpinned by its values of affordability, simplicity, efficiency, and environmental friendliness. With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, and reducing energy expenses, Alinta Energy continues to grow.
An exciting opportunity has become available for FP&A Reporting Lead. This is a Permanent full-time opportunity based out of Sydney.
The purpose of this role is to deliver decision-based reporting, support the planning process, improve and deliver interpretive analysis, give input to the continual development of the FP&A Financial systems, partnering with business segments, and provide ad hoc analysis and support to Head of Group FP&A, GM Finance, CFO and CEO.
The major responsibilities would include:
- Develop and deliver weekly scorecards & reports to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) including the monthly performance against budgets and forecasts, with insightful analysis of trends and potential future scenarios
- Drive continuous improvement of the finance systems and supporting processes used for review and reporting
- Manage the Budget and Quarterly Forecast cycles, planning and coordinating the company-wide activities and timelines and integrating the forecast submissions into the ongoing financial reporting
- Support the ongoing transformation project team to systemize parts of the forecasting process, with a view to reduce this role’s focus on planning over time, allowing an increase in % of effort to be spent on the insightful analysis, reporting, and business partnering of the FP&A team
- Coach and mentor the FP&A team members to support their professional development and improve the general skillsets of the rest of the team
- Drive a Lean culture of process management and ‘right first time’ culture within the FP&A team and wider stakeholders
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in the Financial Planning, Reporting, and Analysis functions of a large and complex corporate environment
- A commercial mindset with strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong system skills: intermediate / advanced excel skills, planning and reporting application skills such as TM1 Planning / Hyperion, Business Intelligent cube design/analysis skills, PowerPoint
- Modelling and report writing skills to support the analysis requirement, group budgeting and corporate planning elements of the role
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels across multiple locations
- Comfortable with organisational change or experience in businesses that have successfully undergone substantial change
- Accounting qualification (e.g. CA/CPA), supporting a relevant degree in accounting / finance / business
What’s in it for you?
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for yourself!
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 21st Nov 2018
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend