- Play a key role in delivering major technology changes across the business
- Perth CBD Location
- 12 Months Max Term contract
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to 1 Million homes and businesses throughout Australia. Our mission of ‘keeping it fair’ is underpinned by its values of affordability, simplicity, efficiency, and environmental friendliness. With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, and reducing energy expenses, Alinta Energy continues to grow.
We are currently looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our growing and professional IT team based in Perth CBD on a 12-month max term contract. The Solutions Engineer performs a key role through provision of quality and timely IT systems support across the West Coast Retail business applications, as well as providing advice on the effective use of business systems to improve business efficiency.
A primary focus will be day to day technical support, encompassing identification, scoping and coordination of enhancements to Alinta’s Business Applications and systems. Resolution of system defects from initial logging through to the testing and release of fixes through pre-production and production environments. Adhering to formal incident, problem, and change management processes is required.
The Solutions Engineer also provides a level of System configuration to ensure the system meets business requirements, including the timely and efficient actioning of system configuration requests, ensuring application service levels are achieved, and maintaining application security. Adhering to formal Change Management processes is required, to ensure integrity and reliability of systems is maintained.
This role will also be a key team member for service management, Minor Works and Projects, working with the Project Manager, IT Applications Team members and Business Stakeholders throughout full project lifecycle through estimation, high level planning, detailed planning, build, test, and implementation.
The key focus of the role is excellence in service delivery, customer focus and teamwork
To be successful in this role you should have:
- At least 3–5 years of experience in IT, with a least 2 years’ experience in a technical analyst capacity
- Proficient in Application Development NET (C# .NET, ASP .NET)
- Working Systems Management Knowledge like Windows Server 2008, 2012 Operation, Solaris Operation
- Shown Data Development & Management Skills
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Scheduling Tools such as Active Batch, Control-M, JAMS Scheduler, CA Workload Automation etc
- Good verbal and written communication skills, skill in gathering client requirements and the ability to write user-friendly documentation. The ability to translate technical IT concepts and issues for clients.
- Good technical and process understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, and interpret business needs and propose, develop, and implement appropriate technical solutions;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks. Able to set priorities for client requests and deal with multiple issues concurrently;
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to identify problems and their cause and develop solutions to meet client needs; and
- Teamwork — possessing a good team spirit and demonstrating self-management and flexibility in taking on new challenges.
What’s in it for you?
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for yourself!
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.