Application Support and Service Delivery Analyst
Job no: 496372
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Play a key role in delivering major technology changes across the business
- Perth CBD Location
- 12 Months Max Term contract
A bit about us:
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to over 1 million homes and businesses throughout Australia. As a national energy retailer, our vision and purpose is to become Australia’s most admired energy company with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and reducing energy expenses.
A bit about the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Applications Support and Service Delivery Analyst to become an integral part of our IT team based in Perth. The Applications Support and Service Delivery Analyst performs a key role through provision of quality and timely support across the Retail business applications, as well as providing advice on the efficient and effective use of business systems. A primary focus will be the day to day support, but will also encompass identification, scoping and coordination of enhancements to the billing related environment.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing day to day support on the billing environment including overnight batch processing, ensuring maximum availability, and managing problem resolution as required.
- Assisting with the extraction, transformation and loading of related data as requested, including development of reports.
- Provide System Administration duties as required including the investigation and resolution of system defects, and the setup and maintenance of business system user access
- Develop strong relationships with supported areas of the business and supporting vendors to facilitate excellence in the provision of production support and development of new capabilities.
- Timely escalation of issues to Internal IT, and/or associated vendor support teams, and manages to resolution.
- Develop a deep knowledge of all aspects of the billing environment and processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working with Retail Billing, preferably in a Utilities environment
- General level of IT functional/technical expertise
- Functional expertise on CGI CIS-OV or Gentrack Velocity Customer and Retail Billing applications, will be viewed very favorably but is not essential
- Detailed operational understanding of Information Technology processes and procedures
- Broad knowledge of relational database concepts
- Broad knowledge of query/reporting tools
- Knowledge of Enterprise Scheduling Tools
- Knowledge of computer networks and Windows operating system
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks
- Able to set priorities for client requests and deal with a number of issues concurrently
- Good verbal and written communication skills, skill in gathering client requirements and the ability to write user-friendly documentation, including the ability to translate technical IT concepts and issues for clients
What’s in it for you?
It’s a really an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for yourself!
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend