Job no: 496438
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to over 1 million homes and businesses throughout Australia. As a national energy retailer, our vision and purpose is to become Australia’s most admired energy company with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and reducing energy expenses.
We are looking for a Treasury Analyst, to join our supportive and professional Treasury team. This role primarily supports the Treasurer and treasury team by providing insights and visibility into the Group’s cash and cash forecast.
In addition, you will assist the Treasury team with credit support issuance and debt management. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Delivering and providing insight on monthly and quarterly consolidated group cash forecasting report to the Treasurer, CFO and Senior Management
- Planning the Group’s short-medium term liquidity requirements including recommendations to the Treasury Manager and Treasurer regarding cash investments
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly Treasury reporting
- Leading the group’s bank guarantee insurance programme
- Continuous improvement of Treasury systems and processes
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Alinta’s lenders and shareholders
- Assisting the Treasury Team in managing the interest rate swap & FX portfolio as required
To be successful you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a corporate environment or Chartered Accounting practice
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Economics
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and communicating financial information
- Strong Financial Modelling & MS Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and a strong team player who can work autonomously when required
Past exposure to continuous improvement initiatives, in particular using systems to improve processes, will be highly regarded.
This is an opportunity to further your career in an industry experiencing huge growth, utilising your initiative and judgment within a supportive team environment.
What’s in it for you?
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for you.
The Treasury function is uniquely placed, providing finance professionals with a birds-eye view of all aspects of the company as well as exposure to senior stakeholders. The role itself offers an excellent opportunity to develop business partnering and analysis skills.
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy industry is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Applications close 30 January 2019.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend