Job no: 496569
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
- Permanent Full-time opportunity
- Bring your modelling and analysis experience to this newly created position
- National energy supplier
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
Due to continued growth across our business, we have a newly created Risk Analyst position. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), you will support in developing models, assessing, monitoring and reporting on market, credit, liquidity, operational and compliance risk across the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining technical/quantitative models using robust and industry accepted techniques to assess market, credit, liquidity and operational risk
- Capturing all trading and other business activity within risk modelling, seeking the required information and ensure appropriate capture in systems.
- Running the models and writing reports as required for weekly, monthly and ad-hoc risk reporting for energy, credit, liquidity, operational and compliance issues
- Ensuring accuracy across reports and models including timeliness and relevance and notifying the CRO of any actual or potential breaches.
- Performing credit and ‘know your customer’ assessments on Alinta Energy’s wholesale business
- Developing and performing counterparty collateral calculations and liaising with the Alinta Energy business and counterparties on these as required
- Assisting with the Enterprise Risk Management process, engaging with the business to update their risks, organize risks meetings and compile reporting.
- Proactively identify ways to deliver key business stakeholders with value adding risk analysis and considerations
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics, Science, technical Finance/Economics, Actuarial Studies.
- Experience in Quantitative modelling/analysis
- Ability to take on a broad range of activities, ranging from highly technical modelling to committee management to meeting compliance requirements
- Desirable to have programming, SQL/ databases experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Candidates with experience in Financial markets, market risk or energy markets will be highly regarded.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders across the business whilst working in a dynamic environment with career development opportunities.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 27th May 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend