Job no: 496608
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent full-time role based in Sydney - CBD
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Bring your strong analytical skills and be a part of transformation project
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy as we undergo a large Enterprise transformation. We are looking for Energy Analyst to join our Merchant Energy analytical team based in Sydney. Reporting to Merchant Analytics Manager, the role is responsible for developing and supporting business-critical systems that help drive operational excellence. The role will work as a SME to the system that currently drives Power Generation and Wholesale business activities. Whilst also playing an active role in how we uplift and transition to more advanced data and analytic options.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Actively gather, elicit, analyse and understand business requirements for data and analytics solutions, from both end-user/consumer and data/developer perspectives
- Support business-critical solutions including; reporting our position, profit and loss, flash reports, hedge calculator and environmental reporting
- Develop SQL routines to investigate data anomalies and support complex Excel macros
- Translate and document business requirements into technical specifications (using or creating templates such as a Business Requirements Specification – BRS – document)
- Estimate timing of tasks required to complete the solution, and develop project plan(s) accordingly
- In conjunction with other Data/Analytics team members, map out a plan of action for improvement opportunities
- Support the governance of BI and BI-related activities
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary level qualification in business, IT, information management or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in a Data related role
- Technical knowledge of requirements gathering, process documentation, project planning, testing methodologies, change management methodologies
- Strong development experience of Microsoft Excel (expert level preferred)
- Strong SQL skills and skills working with all versions of SQL Server
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure Cloud technology and databases
- Excellent communication skills and ability to report effectively and presenting impactfully to management
Analytical skills and passion for process and system improvement skills are key to the position as you will interact with internal teams to ensure smooth transition from Legacy systems to bleeding edge Microsoft systems.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend