Strategy Specialist - Procurement
Job no: 496670
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- 12 Months Max-term role based in Melbourne- CBD
- Utilise your strategic sourcing expertise and take your career to new heights!
- Exciting time to be a part of transformation project
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy as we undergo a large Enterprise IT transformation. We are looking for a Strategy Specialist - Procurement to join our dynamic IT team. Reporting to the IT Commercial Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provide sound commercial support/advice to key internal stakeholders on IT Vendors. As part of this role, you will support contract negotiations, implementation of Commercial Strategies, reporting and analytics on Vendor SLAs/KPIs, vendor comparison analysis, vendor and category spend plus provide key insights for decision making.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of the Commercial Program of work.
- Assist in the negotiation and/or preparation of new contracts, contract extensions or contract instructions, RFXs etc.
- Review BAU SOWs to ensure they meet the Alinta contract compliance framework.
- Proactively highlight any commercial risk or opportunities in current vendor agreements.
- Work with suppliers and vendors to negotiate contracts and improve processes related to procuring IT products and services.
- Based on analytics provide recommendation on Vendor and category consolidation opportunities to leverage consolidated purchasing power and find the best possible values in the marketplace.
- Review and build RFxs including development of RFx documents and facilitate Q & A sessions where ever required.
- Advise internal stakeholders on drafting and negotiating vendor contracts and management of the contract lifecycles.
- Develop sustainable and productive relationships.
To be successful you will have:
- 3-5 years procurement experience with focus on IT products and services will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualification in business, accounting or IT related discipline will be highly regarded.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and writing RFxs.
- Experience in managing Vendor spend, report variance and delivering spend insights.
- Knowledge in commercial and contract management with experience in the structuring, negotiation and management of commercial contracts.
- Extensive experience with internal & external stakeholder and relationship management.
- Experience in delivering sourcing related projects at scale and on time.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work including multiple panel requests at different stages of the procurement process.
- Previous experience in a Utility, or a large complex organization would be preferred.
- Previous experience in IT related procurement (Eg: software license procurement).
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded set of skills in procurement, sourcing, analysis and managing suppliers and stakeholders. If you are passionate about strategic sourcing then this is a right role for you,
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date:05 July 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend