Operations & Platform Manager
Job no: 496700
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Adelaide
Categories: Information Technology
- Permanent full-time role based in Adelaide or Melbourne
- Bring your Technical expertise in Operations, Infrastructure and Vendor management
- Strategic Role and lead Operations & Platforms team
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy as we undergo a large Enterprise IT transformation. We are looking for an experienced Operations and Platform Manager to join our dynamic IT team. Reporting to the GM Enterprise Technology, you will be responsible for the management and transformation of Alinta’s IT platforms primarily Wintel and Midrange based, including platform operation and maintenance, and vendor support relationships. This role will also be a key business conduit between Alinta’s Technology function and our key outsourced service support providers
Responsibilities will include:
- Define, maintain and promote Operations & Platforms policies, standards and procedures
- Define and maintain the road map for the transformation of Operations & Platforms including deployment of new technologies and methods by our core service providers to ensure future efficient and effective service provision
- Lead the Operations & Platforms team (direct & indirect) to achieve extraordinary results in their delivery of service
- Partner with Cloud Services Manager to ensure integration of new ‘Cloud’ and existing ‘legacy’ services.
- Ensure operating model is aligned with Security Operations
To be successful you will have:
- A minimum of 10 plus years’ experience in a similar IT infrastructure platform and operations role
- Senior leadership experience in medium to large organisations (energy and/or utilities sector optional)
- Technical expertise in Operations, Infrastructure and Vendor management specifically in Wintel, Midrange and Networks environments
- Prior experience of managing 3rd party vendors / solution partners to deliver business outcomes
- Experience leading a Technology function in a informational environment to drive outcomes
- Understanding of key trends in IT technology and the vendor landscape
- Resilience and optimism to manage and resolve outages and issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and engage cross functional teams and deliver outcomes across the matrix
- Experienced People Leader with a track record of building a highly engaged and high performing teams; including virtual’ teams of direct and indirect reports to deliver extraordinary outcomes
- Designed and successfully implemented new strategies that deliver cost savings, service improvement and/or higher team performance
- Demonstrated understanding of IT Transformation and working with distributed teams.
Excellent stakeholder management skill is the key for this role as you will partner with Enterprise Technology Team, Information Technology group, Key current Alinta Partner Service Provider teams and 3rd Party consultants.
Please note these roles will have a national focus, therefore there is flexibility for the positions to be based in Adelaide or Melbourne
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 30 July 2019
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend