Application Support Analyst
Job no: 496737
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- 12 Months Max-Term role based in Adelaide
- Outstanding career development opportunities
- Develop your career in a growing business with a dynamic team culture
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Applications Support Analyst to become an integral part of our IT team based in Adelaide. The Applications Support Analyst performs a key role through provision of quality and timely support in the development, maintenance and support of Alinta’s Enterprise systems with an emphasis on the Ellipse ERP/EAM environment, associated applications and systems, delivered by the IT group. The team will also provide functional expertise across systems including Ellipse and advise on best practice to support business process and activities
A primary focus will be the day to day support, but will also encompass identification, scoping and coordination of enhancements to Enterprise System.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Advise on the functional abilities of ERP system as well as providing functional support to business units.
- Completion of ERP Administration duties, including, but not limited to, system configuration, security and operational reporting.
- Investigate and resolve system defects
- Advise and assist in the implementation of Business improvement initiatives, striving to ensure processes follow industry best practice.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues / risks to the Team Leader or assigned Project Manager and where issued to third parties, manage to a satisfactory and timely completion.
- Actively participate in project work where required.
To be successful you will have:
- Technical & Functional knowledge of the ERP System
- Business process analysis/risk evaluation skills.
- Operational understanding of information technology processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer networks
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Knowledge of query/reporting tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Good verbal and written communication skills, skill in gathering client requirements and the ability to write user-friendly documentation. The ability to translate technical IT concepts and issues for clients.
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to identify problems and their cause and develop solutions to meet client needs.
We are looking for someone with application support experience and willing to learn new ERP systems, who genuinely enjoys working with others, is motivated and energetic.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 20th August 2019
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend