IT Commercial Specialist
Job no: 496747
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Information Technology
- Permanent full-time role based in Melbourne CBD
- Utilise your IT Commercial experience and take your career to new heights!
- Exciting time to be a part of transformation project
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced IT Commercial Specialist to join our dynamic IT team. Reporting to the IT Commercial Manager, you will provide sound commercial support/advice to key internal stakeholders on IT Vendors. You will also support go-to-market contract negotiations, implement commercial strategies, report and analyse on Vendor SLAs/KPIs, vendor comparison analysis, vendor and category spend plus provide key insights for decision making.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the appropriate strategies and processes to ensure relationships with key suppliers deliver competitive solutions
- Support the delivery of the Commercial Program of work.
- Assist in the negotiation and/or preparation of new contracts, contract extensions or contract instructions, RFXs etc.
- Proactively highlight any commercial risk or opportunities in current vendor agreements.
- Work with suppliers and vendors to negotiate contracts and improve processes related to procuring IT products and services.
- Based on analytics provide recommendation on Vendor and category consolidation opportunities to leverage consolidated purchasing power and find the best possible values in the marketplace.
- Review and build RFxs including development of RFx documents and facilitate Q & A sessions where ever required.
- Advise internal stakeholders on drafting and negotiating vendor contracts and management of the contract lifecycles.
- Develop sustainable and productive relationships.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous commercial/procurement experience with a focus on IT products and services
- Tertiary qualification in business, accounting or an IT related discipline
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and writing RFxs
- Extensive experience with internal & external stakeholder and relationship management
- Experience in delivering sourcing related projects at scale and on time
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work including multiple panel requests at different stages of the procurement process
- Previous experience in a Utility, or a large complex organization would be preferred
- Previous experience in IT related procurement (Eg: software license procurement)
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded set of skills in procurement, sourcing, analysis and demonstrated experience in successfully managing suppliers and stakeholders. You will have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 30th Aug 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend