Job no: 496757
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
- Sydney CBD Location
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity
- Rewarding salary and bonus
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Settlements Analyst to join our supportive team in Sydney. You will ensure gas-related transactions are recorded accurately and timely in Alinta Energy’s trading systems and that the transactions are then settled with counter parties and recorded in Alinta Energy’s general ledger. You will provide service to the trading and accounting teams and collaborate with other business areas. Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring receivable invoices are issued in accordance with the relevant contract terms
- Validating and arranging settlement of payable invoices
- Confirming new trades with counter parties, ensuring timely and accurate processing.
- Building operating models (e.g., in excel) for complex trades which will be responsible for translating the contractual terms and obligations into a robust and reusable model.
- Preparing monthly retail billing accrual and internal transfer price
- Understanding general accounting principles for engaging with the accounting teams and understanding end-to-end processes.
- Up-skilling and developing knowledge to become the subject matter expert on all matters relating to gas transactions
- Being available as a back-up for other settlements roles when staff are absent including - Electricity, Environmental and Treasury
- Compliance with all Company HSSE policies and procedures
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar Settlement Analyst position
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting or similar
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in complex energy settlements will be highly regarded
- Solid numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining positive working relationships
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel and MS Word
- A Keen eye to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Settlements professional who is looking to be part of a professional and committed finance team, whilst growing and developing your skills and experience.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend