Operations & Maintenance Technician
Job no: 496758
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: WA - Port Hedland
Categories: Labour & Trades
- Exciting opportunity to work at our Port Hedland Power Station
- Industry Leader in a cutting-edge energy efficient product
- Permanent full-time opportunity with competitive salary + Allowance
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
About the Role
Reporting to the Plant Manager, we have a permanent full-time opportunity for an Operations and Maintenance Technician to work at our Port Hedland Power Station. The primary objective of the role is to facilitate the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Power Station in accordance with the Annual Work Plan, to maximize its reliability and availability for commercial operation to supply electricity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and operate equipment in accordance with the Annual Work Plan to ensure the capacity, availability and reliability of the generating plant.
- Supports the Team in developing and sustaining a continuous improvement and innovative culture that seeks to deliver efficiency improvements, improved production levels, reliability gains and improved cost structures.
- Ensure all maintenance data is recorded and available for analysis and audit by writing reports and other correspondence.
- Report and Investigate plant and equipment incidents in a timely manner, troubleshoot, and develop action plans with accurate scoping and specification work.
- Contribute to the cost effective and efficient operations of plant and equipment by ensuring continuity of supply, contract electricity demand obligations are met, operational requirements are clearly communicated and unit operating efficiencies are maintained within industry standards.
- Proactively contribute to eliminate recordable injuries as part of the overall effort to achieve a Zero harm workplace.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the Annual Work Plan and unplanned outages.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within the power generation industry
- HV Switching certificate & experience
- Relevant Technical qualification:
- Electrical: Cert III or equivalent
- Mechanical: Cert III or equivalent
- Instrumentation: Cert III or equivalent
- CPCPGS4003A Install, commission and service Type B gas appliances or ability to obtain
- Computer literacy and skilled in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed fault-finding on complex machinery / systems
- Strong problem-solving skills to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues.
- “C” Class Drivers Licence
Someone with experience in Gas Turbine, Industrial Rotating Equipment, HV Networks, Excitation, Static VAR Compensator operations and maintenance will be highly regarded.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 23rd September 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend