Senior Commercial Analyst
Job no: 496761
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Wholesale Markets / Energy Trading
- Permanent Full-Time role based in Sydney CBD
- Be a part of dynamic Trading & Portfolio Management team
- National growing energy supplier
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Analyst to join our Trading & Portfolio Management ream based in Sydney. Reporting to the Strategy & Analysis Portfolio Manager, you will collaborate with key business partners across Trading & Portfolio Management, Retail Markets and Group Finance business pillars to establish and deliver against business unit financial targets.
- Report on the profitability of the business unit by overseeing the daily P&L, translate to management for risks and taking corrective actions as required
- Provide strategic market and commercial insights that assist in the delivery of financial targets
- Support senior management in investigating and articulating business performance drivers
- Maintain and enhance forecast models to assist managers understanding key business drivers, impact to financial forecasts and delivery of targets
- Report on and communicate to Group Finance the P&L result, financial forecasts and variance analysis
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, economics, engineering or other analytical discipline
- Understanding of financial accounting for complex derivatives and commodities
- Detailed knowledge of financial and quantitative analytical techniques
- Financial analysis experience in Australian energy markets
- Experience in providing analysis and commentary to senior management
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with capacity to influence and negotiate
The successful candidate must have strong understanding of how financial analysis outcomes interrelate and drive the overall financial performance and viability of the business. Acts as a key decision maker for commercial risks and opportunities and drives commercial thinking.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend