Operations & Maintenance Technician
Job no: 496775
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: QLD - Braemar
Categories: Labour & Trades, Merchant Energy
- Permanent Full-time position
- Industry Leader in a cutting-edge energy efficient product
- Key role based at our Braemar Power station
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an outgoing and committed Operations and Maintenance Technician to join our hardworking and close-knit team. Reporting to the Operations and Maintenance Supervisor, you will support and work within a small team to safely maintain and operate the Braemar Power Station. You will play a key role in maximising the reliability and availability of the power station to ensure we achieve commercial operation targets of electricity supply. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times, by following the AlintaSafe Strategic model, and the Alinta Health, Safety & Environmental Management System Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and operate equipment in accordance with the Annual Work Plan to ensure the capacity, availability and reliability of the generating plant
- Ensure all maintenance data is recorded and available for analysis and audit by writing reports and other correspondence
- Contribute to the cost effective and efficient operations of plant and equipment by ensuring continuity of supply, contract electricity demand obligations are met, operational requirements are clearly communicated, and unit operating efficiencies are maintained within industry standards
- Support the team in developing and sustaining a continuous improvement and innovative culture that seeks to deliver efficiency improvements, improved production levels, reliability gains and improved cost structures
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the Annual Work Plan and unplanned outages
To be successful you will have:
- Prior experience in a similar electrical focused position
- Relevant Technical qualifications - Electrical: Cert III or equivalent
- CPCPGS4003A Install, commission and service Type B gas appliances or ability to obtain
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Proven ability to perform detailed fault-finding on complex machinery / systems
- “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Prior Gas Turbine, Power Station Industrial Rotating Equipment, HV Networks, Excitation, Static VAR Compensator operations and maintenance experience would be highly regarded
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and a high level of accuracy to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and energetic individual who thrives in working as part of a small team in a supportive and engaging environment.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 20th August 2019.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend