Job no: 496776
Work type: Max term - Full Time
- Bring your previous payroll leadership experience to drive efficiency
- Flexibility to be a part time or full-time - 12 – 18-month Max term contract
- Competitive remuneration
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced and committed Payroll Manager to join our Finance team based in Sydney CBD. Reporting to the Head of Financial Operations, you will have overall responsibility of the payroll function including day to day management of a Payroll Officer, managing payroll preparation, completing reports, maintaining records and ensuring compliance with relevant awards and legal requirements.
Using your sound problem solving skills and continuous improvement mindset you will have the opportunity to identify and develop process and configuration changes that would improve the overall payroll functionality. In addition, you will maintain accurate and secure payroll setup through controlled changes to the Payroll system.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar leadership Payroll management position in a Shared Services Environment
- A relevant tertiary level qualification (e.g. bachelor’s degree) in accounting, finance or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of payroll accounting and financial processes, policies and protocols, privacy and data governance
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws in Australia & New Zealand
- Familiarity with payroll software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed service support skills and
- An analytical mind and excellent numeracy and literacy skills with a keen eye for detail
- Sound experience in the improvement of payroll processes and procedures
- Ability to work autonomously, plan and organise daily tasks, be efficient and accurate to achieve the objectives of the position within set timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with ability to gain co-operation and assistance from internal and external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and process improvement focused Payroll Leader who has a proven ability to identify, review and fix processes to enhance payroll functionality across the business.
Please note we will consider applications for candidates on a full time and part time basis role (minimum 3 days per week), we are flexible on how this would work for you.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 23 September 2019.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend