Business Process Lead – Hardship
Job no: 496786
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Customer Service
- Own the end to end Hardship functional process
- Permanent full time Opportunity
- Melbourne CBD Location
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
Reporting to the Manager - Credit Function, we are looking to recruit a Business Process Lead – Hardship for our Customer Operations team. You will own the functional outcomes and constantly look for opportunities to improve all processes to reduce errors and exceptions while proactively performing analysis of daily operational requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the right/best KPI results with a core focus on payment outcomes that are both commercially viable (minimise bad and Doubtful debt) and sustainable (assisting customers within regulatory guidelines).
- Develop plans and strategies that ensure the function delivers both short and long term by implementing process improvements and managing change effectively.
- Develop plans to perform highest priority analysis that is aimed at delivering better overall operations and an improved customer experience
- Own and approve all changes to hardship processes and maintain appropriate process documentation at all levels
- In liaison with Delivery partner, ensure forecast and capacity planning is in place for most cost-effective delivery of all requirements
- Be a subject matter expert for your area by developing knowledge within the hardship area and understand the inter-dependencies through the end to end delivery to customers.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in working with and managing an ‘outsourced’ model
- Strong understanding of hardship process fundamentals
- Strong ability in resolution and coordination of complex exception resolution
- Experience in preparation of business cases
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong computer skills to manage spread sheets, documents and other desktop skills (MS Office)
- Strong Risk Analysis skills leading to sound decision making
- Ability to analyse problems
- Sound conflict resolution skills
This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. You will play a key role to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure top quality support and performance in line with regulatory, Financial, Hardship, Customer experience outcomes. You should be able to operate independently with a great attention to detail. Ideally someone with a proven track record of controlling bad and doubtful debt. In an affordability/Hardship portfolio. Experience using the Orion system would be beneficial. Candidates with experience in Australian Electricity and gas market would be highly regarded.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 2nd October 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend