Network Security Analyst
Job no: 496793
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Play an integral part in managing Security systems across the organisations
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Newly created role based in Melbourne CBD
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are currently looking to recruit a Network Security Analyst who will be responsible for dealing with security systems across the organisation. Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include Network switch and firewall configuration management, centralised security event and information management, IT/OT solution design, IT infrastructure support and project implementation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and analyse logs and events from a multitude of sources to determine whether any events could constitute a genuine security incident
- Generate performance and failure reports from a range of monitoring activities
- Work with the Cyber Threat Intelligence team to ensure the new Cloud service’s impacts on intelligence requirements, collection plans and the intelligence lifecycle are understood, and necessary changes implemented
- Perform and document attack modelling with input from Cloud SMEs and Cyber Defence stakeholders to identify threats, possible attack scenarios, TTPs, adversary actions and points of exposure
- Convert attack modelling outputs into Detection Use Cases and incorporate into the Cyber Defence use case model
- Manage vulnerability remediation and provide risk assessment for outstanding vulnerabilities by creating reports
- Be the focal point in coordinating the response to security incidents and breaches with the appropriate teams
- Develop business requirements, technical requirements, architecture diagrams, and implementation guidance for security technology deployments by consulting with engineering teams and service delivery managers
To be successful you will have:
- Experience across a broad range of technology streams, including Systems, Infrastructure, SaaS, Private and Public Cloud
- Experience on a Security Operations team, experience coordinating responses to security incidents, or in a SOC environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with SIEM or log collection platforms such as Splunk, Qradar and ELF Stack
- Experience with system integration, network topology and protocols such as ICT and IOT
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure and technology components as found within an enterprise-wide network environment specifically:
- Palo Alto Firewalls (IDP/IPS/ SSL decryption/URL filtering),
- F5 Application Load Balancing (LTM and APM),
- Cisco Routers (Nexus and ISR), Switches and wireless technologies.
- Fiber optics and CWDM.
- (Python, TCL for iRule)
- Fluent in core IT and networking tools/topics, and current with cutting edge network security, cloud access and encryption, DMZ architecture, Active Directory, PKI, reverse proxies, cloud technologies
- Knowledge of firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, Password Management (PAM), multifactor Authentication, SOAR.
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills with experience in dealing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in problem-solving with the ability to work independently would be an ideal fit for this role.
- A strong understanding of SCADA, DCS, PLCs, HMIs, and related industrial control systems will be highly regarded.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced network security individual with exceptional relationship management skills and analytical mindset, who is looking to join a growing and fast paced environment.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 9th October 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend