Digital Scrum Master
Job no: 496800
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Be an integral part of evolving the Digital delivery process
- Newly created permanent full time Opportunity
- Melbourne CBD Location
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
About the Role :
Due to continued growth at Alinta Energy, we have a newly created permanent Scrum Master role active with us to join our Digital Team. Reporting to the Digital Solutions Lead, the primary objective of the role is to develop solutions aligned with the Digital platform architecture and development practices within an Agile delivery team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating Agile ceremonies and any other ceremonies/meetings as required by the digital scrum teams.
- Working closely with the scrum teams and help them to be more self-organised and cross functional.
- Working proactively towards removing any impediments that are blocking the scrum teams.
- Ensuring the physical and Jira Kanban boards for all the teams are up to date.
- Assisting the product owner and business analyst in organising the backlog when required.
- Working closely with the DevOps resources, to make their work visible to broader digital team.
- Leading retrospective meetings and encourage continuous inspect and adapt cycles.
- Identifying risks, issues and dependencies for Digital initiatives.
- Contributing to the digital team’s way of working as required.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience working as a Scrum Master in an Agile Delivery team
- Experience working with multiple scrum teams working on different initiatives.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the business
- Proven track record in achieving results and the ability to prioritise work in accordance with identified risk impacts
- Experience with continuous delivery
Candidates having experience working in the energy industry will be highly regarded. This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to lead & work collaboratively. There are ample learning opportunities available with access to generous Reward and Recognition programs within our fast-growing organisation.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 23rd September 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend