Hardship Team Leader
Job no: 496805
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Customer Service
- Coach, mentor and drive a high performing Hardship team
- Permanent full time Opportunity
- Perth CBD Location
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Operations we are looking to hire a Hardship Team Leader for our Customer Operations team. Your primary responsibility will be to lead by example and coach Hardship Case Officers to maximise their efforts and contributions to the team. You will be fully accountable for effective performance of the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and be a role model to build, develop, and motivate a high performing team to give outstanding customer service
- Offer continuous training and support to members of the team to develop their abilities so they can be their best versions
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) by developing and sharing knowledge relating to the hardship function, understanding inter-dependencies in the end to end service delivery to customers
- Build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders in order to assist, develop and promote effective hardship management and maintain customer experience targets
- Conduct and act on analysis aimed at delivering better overall operations and an improved customer experience to be able to develop reports and presentations
- Identify, promote and develop process improvement opportunities in service, systems, processes and procedures
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a Team Leader or supervisory role with hands-on experience in hardship credit management
- Competent understanding of hardship regulations and procedures
- Excellent questioning, negotiation and investigative skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Proven track record in achieving results and the ability to prioritise work in accordance with identified risk (commercial and regulatory) impacts
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the business
- Good computer skills to manage spread sheets, documents and other desktop skills (MS Office)
This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with other business units and external bodies. You should be able to multi task with the ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment. Candidates with a qualification in credit or a related discipline and knowledge of Western Australian Energy industry will be highly regarded.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 4th October 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend