Job no: 496811
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Melbourne Southbank/Sydney CBD location
- Partner with a business experiencing significant growth
- Capital project reporting and analysis opportunities
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are seeking Financial Analyst to join our Merchant Energy business that operates and maintains power stations, trades gas and electricity in east and west coast wholesale energy markets and develops major capital projects to deliver on our long-term growth aspirations. Join a dedicated finance team embedded within the business providing financial performance and improvement expertise, planning and forecasting analysis, capital management and support for business evolution.
Reporting to the Finance Manager - Projects, this position assists with capital allocation, financial governance, forecasting and reporting for capital projects. This includes maintaining reports providing transparency on capital spend, ensuring projects adhere to financial controls and working with project teams to review milestones and project scope. You will maintain an understanding of our capital works and potential risks to the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting/Commerce/Finance
- Member of a Professional Accounting or Financial Institution
- 4 or more years of relevant financial experience, project accounting in engineering or construction desired.
- Skills in forecasting and ability to provide experience analysis and commentary
- Excellent communications skills along with the ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to provide business insights and improvement opportunities
- Proven success at working in a results and solutions focused environment
You work with people that know success first hand. They share your passion. The energy is infectious as new projects land and ideas flow. There are so many directions to take it’s exciting. Whichever path you choose you know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
If you thrive on working in a fast paced and supportive environment and have exceptional relationship and stakeholder management skills, then please apply now!
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 30 Sep 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend