Job no: 496835
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Melbourne Southbank Location
- Bring your previous customer advocacy experience and be part of a fun and dynamic team
- Rewarding salary and bonus
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for experienced Customer Advocates to join our dedicated and supportive Customer Operations team. Reporting to the Team Leader, Customer Advocacy you will be responsible for resolving retail customer complaints received via the ombudsman offices and identifying areas for process and policy improvement. Responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently resolving customer complaints in a timely manner
- Developing strong customer and stakeholder relationships (both internal & external) and working with these stakeholders to ensure both resolution of issues, and identification of areas for improvement.
- Resolving retail complaints received via ombudsman offices in all markets Alinta Energy (retail) operates
- Identifying and assisting in the resolution of any systemic issues leading to customer complaints
- Updating all systems timely so that accurate reporting can be obtained
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar customer advocacy/customer service focussed position
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with an ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the business
- Previous experience in the energy industry and an understanding of the regulatory environment that overlays the energy market will be highly regarded
- Ability to build relationships with a view to influencing stakeholders (internal & external).
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with, listen to and interact with a diverse workforce, effectively negotiate and resolve issues leading to business improvements.
- Proven track record in achieving results, ability to prioritise work and work under pressure.
- Experience in resolving difficult complaints which includes managing conflict
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Customer focused individual who is looking to be part of a small and supportive team in a professional environment. You will be a key member of the customer advocacy team and have the opportunity to work for a growing organisation that promotes career development and on the job learning.
Please note the hours for these position will be Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 30 Sep 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend