Group Finance Reporting Manager
Job no: 496839
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
- Bring your strong technical accounting skills to lead a high performing team
- Rewarding remuneration and bonus
- Sydney CBD Location
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Group Financial Reporting Manager to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Senior Group Finance Manager, you will be responsible for completing and reviewing all group level financial reporting, ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policy, and lead a small team of Financial Accountants. Responsibilities will include:
- Review month end reporting of corporate entities, management accounts, group reporting, and various reports based on financial information
- Prepare and review group consolidated cash flow statements and technical accounting position papers
- Review group and subsidiary financial reports
- Oversee the external audit process, including compiling audit support documentation
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the finance function
- Engaging and collaborating with a range of external and internal stakeholders
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar Group Reporting leadership position
- Sound technical accounting skills across IFRS and consolidations
- CA or CPA qualification and a relevant tertiary qualification
- Derivative and hedge accounting experience desirable
- Big 4 experience would be highly regarded
- Advanced Excel Skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- A continuous improvement approach around processes and systems
- Exceptional stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop relationships at all levels of the business
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in an autonomous environment
This is a great opportunity for an experienced finance leader who is looking to lead a small team in a supportive and professional environment. You will be a key member of the finance team and have exposure across the business.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 25 September 2019.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend