Senior Financial Analyst
Job no: 496868
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Highly Collaborative and Supporting Fast Paced Environment
- Excellent opportunity to utilise your Business Performance Reporting skills
- Permanent- Full time role based in Melbourne CBD
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our dynamic Retail team based in Melbourne. Reporting to Reporting Manager, you will also asses the performance of the retail business analysing key drivers of retail gross margin performance across all Australian markets.
You will also be responsible for produce monthly performance report including analysis on key drivers of performance
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provide regular and on-going insights to the performance of the retail business
- Actively identifying opportunities for improvement, proposing solutions and driving change
- Assist to develop, maintain and update the Retail Budget and forecast models
- Be a business partner to the stakeholders served by the team. Understand stakeholder expectations, priorities and challenges in relation to systems and support the stakeholders to be successful
- Drive best practice and decision making by providing timely updates on financial performance
- Providing commentary, analysis and insight into Groups performance that feeds up to the Finance Leadership Team and into Senior Management / Board Reporting
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business / Commerce, Charted Financial Analyst or related business discipline would be beneficial
- Highly developed analytical skills and strong commercial acumen
- Financial services experience, preferably in Energy Industry
- Strong understanding of the financial modelling and reporting
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of Executives, Managers and Subject Matter Experts
The ideal candidate will have proven and hands-on experience in Financial modelling and creation of meaningful reports that ‘tell a story’
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 29 Oct 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend