Job no: 496869
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Join a team that embraces innovation and supports fresh ideas
- Use your strong Financial Modelling & team management skills to stand out from the pack
- Permanent- Full time role based in Melbourne CBD
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Reporting Manger to join our dynamic Retail team based in Melbourne. Reporting to General Manager Finance, Retail Markets, the Reporting Manager will manage the team that provides financial performance reporting for the Retail Business across all market and segment and business. The role will analyse key drivers of retail gross margin and OPEX performance across all Australian markets, and challenge and interrogate business assumptions.
In this role, you will create, develop and lead a team of analysts to provide reliable, timely and impactful ad-hoc, monthly and quarterly analysis, in accordance with Retail business requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assist to develop, maintain and update the Retail Budget and forecast models
- Challenge and interrogate business assumptions and prepare recommendations
- Produce month end accruals for key revenue and cost drivers on the East and West coast retail markets
- Design and produce monthly performance report including analysis on key drivers of performance
- Provide monthly update on performance to key business partners in retail executive forum and joint venture partners
- Develop and lead a high performing team of Analysts
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business / Commerce, Charted Financial Analyst or related business discipline would be beneficial
- Proven experience in providing insights & reporting to a variety of internal & external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the financial modelling and reporting
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of Executives, Managers and Subject Matter Experts
- Energy Industry experience preferable
Additionally, the role will be a key business partner to the retail executive team and the finance team providing performance reporting on the retail market on a monthly and annual basis.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 28 Oct 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend