Operations and Maintenance Technician - Newman
Job no: 496951
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: WA - Newman
Categories: Labour & Trades, Merchant Energy
- New renewable expansion projects
- 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster from Perth or Newman
- Seeking an Electrical or Mechanical trade qualified Technician
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Operations and Maintenance Technician to join our Newman Power Station on a permanent, full-time basis, working a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster, FIFO from Perth or residential in Newman. Reporting to the Power Station Manager, the primary objective of the role is to facilitate the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of the Newman Power Station and associated Network, in order to maximize its reliability and availability for commercial operation to supply electricity to our customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and operate equipment to ensure, availability and reliability of the generating plant
- Ensure all maintenance data is recorded and available for analysis and audit
- Report and Investigate plant and equipment incidents, troubleshoot, and develop action plans
- Contribute to the cost effective and efficient operations of plant and equipment by ensuring continuity of supply, contract electricity demand obligations are met, operational requirements are clearly communicated, and unit operating efficiencies are maintained within industry standards
- Complete all works and reports in accordance with all corporate and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the Annual Work Plan
- Be actively involved in Site Safety and contractor management
In addition, you will also be required to maintain equipment at our associated network including Chichester and Roy Hill.
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant technical qualification - Electrical or Mechanical: Cert III or equivalent
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a small and dedicated team
- “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Forklift licence
- Computer literacy and skilled in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- People focused and a team player
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed fault-finding on complex machinery / systems
- First aid and CPR certificate
- Working at heights, confined space entry and elevated work platform tickets are desirable
- A strong commitment to Safety
This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative, high performing and supportive team and work on leading edge new technology including solar, battery storage, gas turbines, balance of plant and overhead transmission lines.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 31st March 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend