Job no: 497022
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Project Management, Merchant Energy
- Seeking an inspirational and collaborative leader
- Lead a major renewable expansion project in the Pilbara region
- Modern offices based in Perth CBD, competitive remuneration package
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2025.
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational Construction Project Manager to join our Merchant Energy team in Perth CBD, on a permanent, full-time basis. Reporting to the Head of Construction you will initially be responsible for the delivery of Alinta Energy’s Chichester project ($200M, 60 MW of renewable energy generation and associated connection infrastructure), ensuring that the project is delivering to time, cost, quality and safety objectives.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating contractors, consultants and internal resources
- Building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships including representing Alinta Energy in the community where construction projects are occurring
- Developing project management plans and tracking project performance
- Ensuring appropriate level of HSE oversight is incorporated into all construction projects
- Driving best practice delivery methodology across all major projects and ensuring that required outcomes are being achieved
To be successful you will have:
- Exceptional leadership skills with proven ability to lead and inspire a team to work together with alignment and clarity to achieve a common goal
- Experience leading and delivering large scale projects ($100M +) within the utilities/engineering/construction sector with a strong safety focus
- Leadership experience in the development, management and delivery of large complex power generation and energy infrastructure projects
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering and/or project management
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Highly developed project management capabilities including contract management, scheduling and cost control
- Prior contract negotiation and change management experience
- Experience identifying, managing and mitigating project risks
- Flexibility to travel regularly to site
This is a great opportunity for an engaging Project Manager who is looking to be part of a leading expansion project and other exciting growth projects beyond. Using your strong leadership and stakeholder management skills you will ensure the successful and safe delivery of the project and build solid relationships.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 28th February 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend