Project Engineer - Expressions of Interest
Job no: 497057
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Engineering, Project Management, Merchant Energy
- Join a National leading Energy Provider
- Major gas and renewable expansion projects
- Perth CBD based
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2025.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this role would be responsible for managing the EPC Contractor undertaking design, procurement and construction of solar/gas generation and connection infrastructure works in the Pilbara. The role will also support the interface between the EPC Contract works and existing infrastructure, champion Merchant Energy’s safe delivery of major projects and ensure the quality of the EPC deliverables.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and manage the EPC Contractor works to ensure it meets Alinta Energy’s requirements
- Interface with Alinta’s Project Management service provider and Owner’s Engineer to achieve desired project outcomes
- Ensure that Alinta’s safety and sustainability values are embedded into the site culture
- Liaise with the Project Manager to manage any changes to scope of project
- Manage the successful financial performance of the project by conducting regular reviews of project schedules and building budget forecasts
- Identify cost saving opportunities and efficiencies to achieve the project objectives
- Identify project risks and manage on an ongoing basis throughout project delivery
- Ensure robust reporting frameworks are established and maintained to assist decision making by reporting on progress and stage assessments
To be successful you will have:
- 5-10 years of experience within engineering design, construction, operations, maintenance and project management
- Demonstrated participation in a key role delivering high value infrastructure projects preferably with some experience in the Pilbara region
- Strong interest and knowledge of renewable energy, power generation technology and power transmission
- Significant experience in managing external contractors and consultants
- Experience leading a team in delivering technically complex projects
- Flexibility to regularly travel to site
We are looking for an excellent communicator with the capacity to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders. A well-organized self-starter with high attention to detail, a thirst for knowledge and a team player would be ideal qualities for this role!
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 28th February 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend