Job no: 497399
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide
Categories: Information Technology
- Deliver market leading solutions using cloud native architectures, tools and technologies
- Contribute to a vibrant and supportive working environment
- Full-time permanent role based either in Adelaide, Sydeny or Melbourne
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our innovative and dynamic IT team based in Sydney. Reporting to the Manager Business Architecture, you will be responsible for designing and coordinating delivery of the business solutions landscape for Merchant Energy, Finance and Corporate systems. You will work with both the delivery teams and the architecture team, to ensure quality systems and processes, focusing on the Spot Trading and Commercial teams.
As a solutions Architect you will liaise with stakeholders to clarify and capture key business problems and opportunities, translating them into technical specifications to facilitate improvements. Takes the lead on collaborating with multiple teams to ensure technologies and systems enable and support Information Business objectives.
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in technology, systems or data management in a large and complex environment
- End-to-end project management, process redesign, infrastructure design and technology rollout experience
- Experience managing and implementing technology standardisation and researching new innovative solutions that support ongoing business needs
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirement artefacts: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, data flow diagrams, UML modelling techniques, interface designs, test plans and test cases
- A background in software development with ability to code at some level and knowledge of APIs and SDKs.
- Good understanding of networks, routers, switches, firewalls, SANs, servers and operating systems form a part of the solution stack.
- Comprehensive understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC), continuous integration, agile software development methodologies, values and procedures.
- Excellence in architecture documentation skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills with both IT and business personnel
- A proven track record of guiding solutions to a successful conclusion
This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent technical and architectural skills to join a forward-thinking organisation. The successful applicant will contribute to the evolution of technology, tools, patterns and practices within the broader architecture team.
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend