Cyber Security Analyst
Job no: 497471
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Bring your previous Incident management experience and be a part of dynamic Cyber security team
- Permanent full-time opportunity based in Melbourne
- Great work/life balance working with an experienced manager
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are currently looking to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst who will play a critical role in building organisational capability in the security space. Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, you will be responsible for reviewing, monitoring, and analysing Alinta Energy’s systems, responding to cyber security threats and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities to drive continuous improvement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Update and develop vulnerability scanning and penetration testing reporting requirements and templates
- Perform basic level risk and vulnerability analysis/assessment on select products, including but not limited to: Windows Active Directory, VPN, anti-virus, patches, DLP products, Privileged User Monitoring and log monitoring.
- Participate in ongoing enhancements to the security of existing technologies including network, anti-malware, firewall, IDS/IPS, PKI, etc.
- Monitor and analyse logs and events from a multitude of sources, while using systems including SIEM's,
- Perform and document attack modelling with input from Cloud SMEs and cyber defense stakeholders to identify threats, possible attack scenarios, TTPs, adversary actions and points of exposure
- Coordinate and security events (for malicious or prohibited behaviors, or system faults) using approved tactics, techniques, tools and procedures and escalate events (as needed) for further investigation.
- Partners with other support organizations and team members as required to address findings.
- Develop business requirements, technical requirements, architecture diagrams, and implementation guidance for security technology deployments ensuring compliance
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in IT operations with an emphasis on incident management
- Experience in vulnerability analysis and remediation methods
- Knowledge of auditing and remediating Cybersecurity systems
- Experience in use of data classification and management tools
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Strong understanding of the development and application of security policy and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity for a cyber security professional who has problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to challenge the status quo and critically analyse and evaluate various scenarios.
Let spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialing a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend