Operations & Maintenance Technician
Job no: 497473
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, QLD - Braemar
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent Full-time position - 4 day working week
- Operations and Maintenance Technician – Electrical and / or Instrumentation trade qualified
- Key role based at our Braemar Power station
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
At Braemar, we are looking for an energetic and hard-working individual to work within an autonomous team. The role is predominately required to manage electrical work on site, there are also great opportunities to develop across a diverse range of skills including outage planning, project and contractor coordination. We are looking for a person who enjoys the challenges and satisfaction of running a range of jobs from start to finish.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the safety of yourself and others at all times by following the AlintaSafe Strategic model, and the Alinta Health, Safety & Environmental Management System Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and operate equipment in accordance with the Annual Work Plan to ensure the capacity, availability and reliability of generating plant
- Ensure all maintenance data is recorded and available for analysis, writing reports and other correspondence
- Contribute to the cost effective and efficient operations of plant and equipment by ensuring continuity of supply, contract electricity demand obligations are met, operational requirements are clearly communicated.
- Support the team in developing and sustaining a continuous improvement and innovative culture that seeks to deliver efficiency improvements, improved production levels, reliability gains and improved cost structures
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the Annual Work Plan and unplanned outages
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant Technical qualifications - Electrical: Cert III or equivalent
- Prior experience in a similar electrical focused position
- CPCPGS4003A Install, commission and service Type B gas appliances or ability to obtain
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Proven ability to perform detailed fault-finding on complex machinery / systems
- “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Must reside in the Braemar area
Prior Gas Turbine, Power Station Industrial Rotating Equipment, HV Networks, Excitation, Static VAR Compensator operations and maintenance experience would be highly regarded.
Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and a high level of accuracy to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and energetic individual who thrives in working as part of a small team in a supportive and engaging environment.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 8th March 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend