Senior Test Analyst
Job no: 497533
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology, Retail Markets
- Melbourne CBD location
- 12 months Fixed-Term role
- Work with a dynamic and progressive team
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Test Analyst, based out of Melbourne. Reporting to the Release & Test Lead, you will be responsible to plan and execute the testing of the Alinta Energy system implementations and changes to support Retail Operations. Additional responsibilities would include:
- Plan and undertake Testing activity as required across various BAU releases and projects
- Identify and triage defects to ensure testing is completed in an efficient and effective fashion
- Assist Business to undertake User Acceptance Testing and Showcase
- Liaise with Business Analyst during requirement and design review sessions
- Assist in the development of any Options Analysis that may be required with deferred defects
- Liaise with third party providers and other project teams to execute testing activities
- Undertake Industry/Market Testing where applicable
- Assist other business analysts and solution architect with analysis and documentation
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated Testing experience within Retail Energy business
- Extensive Testing experience (Agile Scrum)
- Facilitation and Documentation skills
- Defects Identification and documentation
- Working knowledge of testing tools like Confluence/Jira etc.
- Good communication (written and oral as well as presentation abilities) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment
- Able to work autonomously
- Proactive - Ability to identify and discuss improvements to current processes.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of tasks as delegated throughout the project lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Utility Industry will be highly desirable
- Functional knowledge of Billing and Credit Treatment/Dunning process within Energy Utility domain is highly regarded
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for testing and love building great working relationships and challenge effectively when required.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend