Head of Business Operations
Job no: 497569
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Customer Service, Retail Markets
- Process Improvement and Leadership experience in Customer Operations
- Opportunity to make real impact in a fast paced and growing national energy business
- Southbank Melbourne Location
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Business Operations to join our dynamic and dedicated Customer Operations team based in Melbourne. Reporting to General Manager Customer Operations, you will be responsible for designing, documenting, improving and optimising the Customer Operations systems and processes, across the business.
Operationally you will manage the team responsible for the performance of our systems & processes across Billing/Metering, Sales Fulfilment and Customer Service. You will be a key contributor in our Retail Transformation Program of work, while delivering process improvement initiatives to our legacy systems.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop robust business cases to support investment in new initiatives & Technology
- Contribute to the development and management of the annual business planning and budgeting process
- Drive a process improvement culture that focuses on best customer practice
- Develop and lead a high performing Business Operations teams
- Design a “to be” process framework, both top down and bottom up for Customer Operations business using key business architecture principles
- Help to achieve desired customer experience and user experience outcomes through efficient process design
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar Business Operations leadership role in the Energy Industry
- Prior experience in partnering with an offshore BPO operation
- Detailed knowledge of Customer Information Systems
- Understanding of the regulatory and commercial aspects of electricity and gas markets
- Proven experience building, managing and leading successful high performing teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset with evidence of innovative thinking to develop of new initiatives in customer operations
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and engage cross functional teams and deliver outcomes across the matrix
- Excellent skills in prioritising and being able to solve problems efficiently is a must
- Exceptional relationship management experience coupled with demonstrated experience in presenting to influence executive teams
You will have the opportunity to lead a large, multi-dimensional team across a range of functions, while working in culture that drives innovation and is focused on maximising value for the organisation and its customers. By bringing fresh ideas, you'll challenge the way Customer Operations currently does business and work to develop processes to support our Retail Transformation work, in-line with industry best practice.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend