Electrical & Instrument Technician
Job no: 497669
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: NZ - Glenbrook
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent full-time role based at Glenbrook Power Station
- Opportunity to challenge your trade skills in a complex plant environment
- Competitive salary on offer
At Glenbrook Power Station, south of Auckland, Alinta Energy utilises waste gases from New Zealand Steel’s iron making process to produce steam, drive turbines and generate electricity. Achieving continuity of operations while meeting all regulatory requirements is critical. Our maintenance team of 6 electrical and mechanical tradesmen coordinate outages, implement maintenance procedures and ensure compliance with codes of practice.
We are currently seeking an energetic and skilled Industrial Maintenance Electrician to join our dynamic Power Generation team based in Glenbrook Power Station. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will carry out preventative and breakdown electrical maintenance to fixed plant and assist in the safe and efficient implementation of our maintenance plan at the power station.
- Executing the condition-based maintenance program, including reporting on equipment condition and performance, and working on remedial actions.
- Maintenance of plant power and lighting.
- Diagnosing plant and equipment faults or breakdowns in a timely manner, including call out support when required.
- Undertaking repairs or component changeouts, plus cleaning and maintenance of tools and work area.
- Inspecting work area and plant for hazards, following all health and safety procedures.
- Supervising and mentoring an electrical apprentice.
What we’re looking for:
- Electrician trade registration and current practising license
- Fixed plant maintenance experience (at least 2 years)
- Fault finding and breakdown experience
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed fault finding on complex machinery / systems
- Strong problem-solving skills to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Class 1 Drivers Licence
We need someone who has an aptitude for electrical problem solving, plus always thinks of safety first and will promote our culture of zero harm.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy. We have a new look maintenance team at Glenbrook Power Station and need people who share our passion for operational excellence. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team coming together to conquer a huge variety of technical challenges.
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
- Auckland Entertainment Book (Digital) Membership
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and medical checks.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend