- Excellent opportunity to lead a small BI team
- Support, operate and maintain modern BI Platforms
- Permanent, full-time role – Flexible location Melbourne, Sydney or Perth
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a driven, organised, and experienced Operations and Support Manager for Alinta’s Data and Analytics team. Reporting to the GM of Data & Analytics, you will be accountable for operations and support of Alinta Energy’s modern data and analytics platforms (Azure, DataBricks, Synpase, Tableau, PowerBI) that are used by the Retail, Trading, Power Generation, Finance, Technology and Corporate areas of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing day-to-day operation of the data and analytics platforms
- Managing platform security and compliance
- Ensuring that communication with users, customers and internal stakeholders is done in a timely and succinct manner
- Ensuring that incident, service request, problems, change, configuration, capacity, availability, and disaster recovery processes for the platform are performed
- Providing application support leadership, resources and manage conflicting demands
- Planning and executing continuous improvement initiatives
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience managing data and analytics platforms (Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, AWS, GCP, Databricks, etc.)
- Significant experience managing BI environments (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Empowering and collaborative leadership skills
- Proven background in managing critical BI systems
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- History of communicating effectively with all levels within an organisation
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building trust, respect, and collaboration amongst teams
Experience with ITIL experience and accreditation will be highly regarded.
The ideal candidate will be results oriented and demonstrate willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion. You will have strong people, engagement and consultative skills with customer service as a priority. If you are willing to learn and challenge the status quo, this is a great career opportunity to truly make an impact.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application and Linkedin Learning
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 24th of September
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.