Job no: 497787
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Perth, Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Information Technology
- Opportunity to work with world class technologies and be a part of a highly driven team
- Permanent, full-time role – Flexible location Melbourne, Sydney or Perth
- Rewarding remuneration and benefits
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable, and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our collaborative and innovative Data and Analytics team. As a valued member of the team, you will work on building out the new, Azure-hosted data and analytics environment and deploying and operating data pipelines against it. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with project and end-user teams to build and define backlogs of work
- Design solutions to meet business, technical and user requirements
- Support the operation of Data & Analytics assets and data pipelines
- Maintain, extend and document the metadata framework with an aim of minimising developer time, toil and cloud costs and maximising data quality
- Build end-to-end data pipelines across the Azure Data Lake and Synapse Warehouse, with activities including data staging, ELT/ETL, data quality, archiving, and testing
- Work as part of the Data Engineering team on profiling, sourcing, management and use of data
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive Data Engineering pipeline design and implementation experience within a commercial environment
- Experience working with metadata-based ELT/ETL frameworks
- Experience using Databricks, Python, Scala or Java code against large-scale, cloud-based data warehouses that make use of big-data frameworks like Spark, Kafka, Hive and Map-Reduce
- Prior experience working in/with DevOps teams and comfortable with DevOps/SRE thinking
- Skill in data modelling and in designing Data Vaults and Kimball-based data models
- Previous experience in working with legacy data warehouses and reverse-engineering designs from undocumented code
- Experience participating in scrum-based agile teams
- A results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated experience in breaking down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Excellent organisational skills and a self-starter
Experience with reverse engineering legacy code (Microsoft SSIS/SSRS), and/or Microsoft Azure Certified Data Engineer accreditation will be highly regarded.
This a great opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer who is looking to work in a supportive and easy-going team that offers flexibility, on the job learning, and exposure to different projects across the business. If you are looking to work for an organisation that is renowned for its data and analytics capability, then apply now.
Let’s spread the positive energy together …
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 22nd of October 2021.
No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend