Senior Project Development Engineer
Job no: 497792
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Project Management, Merchant Energy
- Permanent full-time role based in Perth-CBD
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Bring your engineering experience in development of greenfield and brownfield projects
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About The Role:
We are currently seeking multiple Senior Project Development Engineers to join our Asset Strategy team based in Perth. Reporting to the head of Project Development, the primary objective of each role is to work with Alinta’s current and potential customers and within the Asset Strategy Business Unit to develop robust power solutions to support the sustained performance and growth of the Merchant Energy division of Alinta Energy.
Each role has a broad engineering focus on the development of power solutions within Australia to meet Alinta’s customers’ needs with a key function of the role being to assist in the development of greenfield and brownfield projects to final investment decision. Whilst each role has a generalist engineering requirement, the specific focus of each role is to assist in the technical and commercial aspects of development projects. The role encompasses the coordination of the interfaces with existing assets, the owners, and managers of the other Alinta Energy groups.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Support the business development team during ideation, pre-feasibility, and feasibility study phases for prospective development projects
- Provide guidance on the technical and performance requirements for new projects across the group
- Support project managers within the group with the negotiation of EPC and O&M agreements
- Support commercial managers within the group in the evaluation and analysis of technical and commercial aspects of development projects
- Monitor progress and initiate remedial action where required to ensure the engineering aspects of development projects are completed on time, within quality requirements and within budget
- keeping abreast of government and regulatory obligations, taking appropriate actions, and supporting the implementation of mitigating strategies
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or mechanical engineering
- Professional member, chartered member, or fellow of Engineers Australia
- Well organised, self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects to meet deadlines
- High level of conceptual, analytical, and interpretive skills
- Project development or project management experience on infrastructure projects from $10m to $100m+
- 10 years of experience in utility scale power development, design, operations, maintenance, engineering, or management
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 25th of October 2021
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend