Job no: 497817
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: WA - Port Hedland, WA - Regional
Categories: Administration, Merchant Energy
- Diverse and challenging role
- Bring your admin experience to this dynamic role
- Permanent position based in the Port Hedland area
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join our Port Hedland Power Station. Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, your contribution of a high quality and confidential administrative service is a key requirement in supporting the ongoing operations of the Power Station. Responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact (phone, face-to-face or email) for members of the; public, suppliers, visitors, contractors and facilitate their inductions
- Maintain accurate records and collate ad hoc reports, including collation of budgetary information
- Coordination of invoice approval, visa statements, expense forms and purchase requisitions
- Coordinate training, workshops, travel and accommodation arrangements for power station employees
- Management and maintenance of site safety PPE and stationery inventory
- Act as the IT Group interface and assist in the resolution of IT issues, including Ellipse procedures and improvements
- Communicate effectively with team members and actively contribute to the output of the operations and maintenance tea
To be successful you will have:
- Proven experience in providing a confidential administrative service
- High degree of computer literacy and skills in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Highly developed communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills to enable resolution of administrative issues
- Strong organisational and time management expertise
- Solid negotiating and conflict resolution skills and the ability to build and influence external and internal relationships
- “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Must reside in the Port Hedland area
- Certificate in Business Administration or similar is desirable
- Enterprise and Asset Management software experience is desirable
This is a broad role with high learning potential. You will ideally be adaptable and enjoy liaising with a range of people who contribute to the day to day success of our Power Station.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend