Job no: 497883
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Max term contract to January 2023 based at our Melbourne, Southbank Office
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Devops Engineer to work on several greenfields projects to ensure that our cloud platform, software delivery pipelines and related systems are secure, available, scalable, observable and stable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administering and monitoring scalable Kubernetes clusters and Lambda functions
- Capacity planning, performance, efficiency and latency optimisation of the clusters and other cloud infrastructure
- Improving scalability and availability of databases
- Building tools that will enable the development teams to release applications onto an industry-leading platform
- Liaising with Alinta IT and security stakeholders to further strengthen security and connectivity between multiple cloud networks and datacenters
- Enforcing security and compliance best-practices and hardening our cloud systems
To be successful you will have:
- Strong knowledge of DevOps principles and culture
- Strong appreciation for security controls, and governance and compliance initiatives
- Experience with different flavours of CI/CD Pipelines
- Strong knowledge of AWS services such as EKS , IAM, RDS and Lambda (or equivalent)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes orchestration
- Experience with cloud monitoring, logging and alerting tools
- Experience with Python
- The ability to wear multiple hats and think outside the box
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Devops Engineer who is looking to work in a supportive and professional environment. You will be a key member of the Technology team and will work with our development teams to establish and maintain an automated continuous integration pipeline currently in GitLab.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend