Mass Market Billing & Metering Manager
Job no: 497902
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Seeking a collaborative leader who also enjoys “rolling up their sleeves”
- National responsibility for mass market billing
- Major transformation project within a growing organisation
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced billing leader to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. Reporting to the Manager Billing & Metering, you will lead a team of functional specialists and analysts and own the direction and operational deliverables across the National Mass Market Billing and Metering Operations. You will deliver billing across Mass Market platforms working with our offshore and business partners, ensuring the operational approach and outcomes are grounded and there is an appropriate balance between customer, commercial and compliance objectives and obligations. You will pro-actively monitor and manage risks including regulatory, compliance and operational to ensure business continuity including the more specialist area of concessions.
To be successful you will have:
- Collaborative and empowering leader with an engaging style
- Significant experience in a billing leadership role gained within the energy or a highly regulated industry
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Retail Energy Market Frameworks and to ensure compliance to applicable legislation and to reduce risk exposure
- Proven stakeholder management capability at all levels to ensure the end to end operational delivery to customers is completed, ensuring commercial outcomes and a positive customer experience are achieved
- BPO experience, partnering with an Offshore operation
- Detailed knowledge of Customer Information Systems and strong MS Office skills
- Proficient in business process modelling
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities: resilience
- Strong ability in resolution and coordination of complex exception resolution
- Strong analytical, risk analysis and conceptual skills
- Self-managing, pro-active, good time management skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced billing leader who is looking to lead a team in a supportive and professional and fast paced environment.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 9th December 2021.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend