- Permanent full-time Position based in Melbourne
- Cutting Edge Renewable Energy Projects
- Work with a fun dynamic team
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focused on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Community and Engagement Specialist to join our professional and dedicated Asset Strategy team. Reporting to the Manager, Planning and Community, the role will be responsible for driving the community and stakeholder engagement function of our recently announced Spinifex Offshore Wind Farm, as well as providing key inputs and advice into the development of other major capital projects across Australia. There will be a strong focus technical understanding in order to maximise the stakeholder and community understanding of project impacts and outcomes. You will be responsible for identifying all external project stakeholders, developing and delivering the strategic stakeholder and community engagement plan. Contributing to the environmental and land access functions of the development team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the community engagement function for the Spinifex Offshore Wind Farm development
- Support the broader Asset Strategy team during ideation, pre-feasibility and feasibility study phases for prospective development projects
- Develop and deliver a community and stakeholder engagement plan for new projects overseeing specialist consultants as necessary
- Prepare schedules for development project activities and allocate resources to enable development projects to be completed on time and within budget
- Oversee the development and design of strategic community engagement programs to support land access and a social license to provide a competitive advantage in winning new projects
- Lead negotiations with landowners, First Nations representative bodies, state government departments and other land interest holders to support the grant of land tenure for development projects
- Manage community consultation and feedback during project development, including representing Alinta at community consultation events
To be successful you will have:
- A high degree of integrity, compassion and honesty and a strong desire to learn
- Prior experience in a similar role in mining, construction or energy projects
- Familiarity and experience working within the IAP2 public engagement framework
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated success in managing community and stakeholder engagement for major infrastructure projects valued from $10m to $100m+
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with capacity to influence and negotiate
- Ability to manage competing priorities over a range of projects to meet deadlines
- Project development experience, preferably within the power generation industry
- Experience in Indigenous relationships, Indigenous engagement and heritage management
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Community and Engagement Specialist who is looking to bring their previous power generation experience to a growing national and fast paced energy organisation.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible working arrangement where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 31st of January 2022