Credit Data Analyst
Job no: 497955
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Finance, Retail Markets
- Deliver insights that support Alinta Energy’s strategic initiatives
- Improve Customer experience and Cash Flow Outcomes
- Full time permanent position based in Southbank
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Credit Analyst to join our Customer Operations team in a full-time permanent position. Reporting to the Manager, Portfolio Analysis and Strategy, you will conduct analysis and deliver insights to the Credit and Payments Functional team.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and timely daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis outputs to provide insights and intelligence across National Credit and payments functions
- Advising Credit/wider Business stakeholders on impact to Bad Debt Expense due to identified or expected changes in the Debt book.
- Working closely with the Alinta DNA team to have reports scheduled to relevant areas of the business and key metrics/indicators automated (Tableau/Power BI)
- Presenting results – in conjunction with your Manager and your team, presenting analysis/recommendations
- Identifying, developing and executing opportunities in partnership with the Internal/external stakeholders to maximise returns to Credit
To be successful you will have:
- Proven analytical, conceptual, financial, strategic, commercial and innovative skills
- Advanced Excel (VBA) and SQL (or equivalent) are a must.
- Strong communication and data visualization skills. The ability to present complex information to attain stakeholder and senior management buy-in is crucial for advocating for change
- Strong understanding of credit risk and be able to explain your analysis to broad audience
- Experience analysing large scale commercial and industrial customers
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Analyst who is looking to provide detailed and pro-active analysis, trend analysis, Provision modelling and creation of meaningful reports that ‘tell a story’. This role will assist with creation of reporting templates utilised for presentations and communications to Key Stakeholders – campaigns, results, findings, recommendations etc.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend