Senior Analyst, Merchant Energy Finance
Job no: 498034
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Strategy, Finance, Wholesale Markets / Energy Trading, Merchant Energy
- Based in Sydney CBD, hybrid work from home and office
- Be part of the energy transition to renewables
- Join a diverse team and collaborate with key business units
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the Merchant Energy Finance team on a full time, permanent basis. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Performance, the successful applicant will provide financial stewardship through efficient forecasting and planning activities combined with robust management information. This role will maintain oversight across the broader Merchant Energy business, as well as work closely with the Trading and Portfolio Management business driving financial performance by providing insightful information, including tracking performance of new business initiatives.
- Consolidation of Merchant Energy business flash reporting, risks and opportunities
- Prepare business segment reporting to measure financial performance
- Financial analyses to support decision making and to assist with delivery of financial targets
- Monitor, analyse and review financial performance for key investment proposals and new business with an understanding of financial risks
- Collaborate with the business to improve the forecast process achieving greater efficiency, and quality of information providing insight to senior management and executives
- Ensure business complies with regulatory and governance requirements, keeping abreast of financial obligations within the energy industry
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting with a CPA, CA or relevant membership of professional accounting
- Extensive experience in interpreting and explaining financial results in a business environment drawing out the so what?
- Experience working with large data sets
- Prior Experience in the energy industry including exposure to the National Electricity Market
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to key internal stakeholders in a senior position
- Oracle experience is well regarded
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Merchant Energy business in Sydney. You will be working in a diverse national team, supporting key business functions including our Trading Portfolio Management of East Coast markets, providing robust financial insights through exceptional communication.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount Offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend