Team Leader, Business Sales
Job no: 498061
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Sales, Merchant Energy
- Lead the Business Sales team to success
- Coach and Mentor a high performing and collaborative team
- Modern offices based in the heart of Perth CBD
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Leader to join our Commercial and Industrial team in this full time permanent position. Reporting to the Regional Manager, West Coast, you will manage, develop and motivate a team of Business Account Consultants to achieve sales targets and provide excellent customer service. This will involve mentoring and coaching the team to achieve superior results.
- Leading and developing an effective and productive sales team
- Motivating and driving performance to achieve sales targets and set Key Performance Indicators
- Reviewing and analysing team performance, including assurance checks and provide feedback back to management
- Providing coaching and mentoring to achieve outstanding customer service and maximise sales performance
- Preparing and developing sales reporting for management
Skills and experience:
- Considerable experience in a sales leadership role
- Manages physical and human resources for a team, plans the work and sources the necessary information for self and team
- Plans activities to align with strategy, determines what needs to be done, how it should be done and in what time frame
- Demonstrated sales experience and a track record of exceeding targets
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Sales Leader who is looking to lead a team in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment. You will be a key member of the Commercial and Industrial team and manage the accounts for our large business customers.
- Staff energy discount Offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend