Capital Projects Analyst
Job no: 498075
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Perth, Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Finance, Merchant Energy
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure adequate financial control is in place
- Enhance the understanding of capital works and potential risks to delivery
- Join a high performing and collaborative team environment
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Merchant Energy team in this full time permanent position. Reporting to the Finance Manager, Projects, this role will assist the Finance Manager, Projects to organise capital allocation, project governance and financial forecasting activities related to capital spend for maintenance & growth projects
- Maintain and improve reporting which provides transparency on capital spend, highlights issues and prompts action from management
- Working with project, maintenance and engineering teams ensure adequate project financial control environment is in place
- Understand and ensure business complies with regulatory and governance requirements by keeping abreast of statutory obligations, taking appropriate actions and supporting implementation of mitigating strategies
- Assist management with determining the prioritisation and allocation of capital spend for projects
- Establish a framework which allocates capital expenditure based on risk and return
- Oversee models which facilitate effective forecast of capital spend, including scenario analysis for various forecasts
Skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Membership of professional accounting and/or financial institutions
- Relevant experience in the full range of either financial and/or management accounting or analytical activities – including general accounting, financial analysis and reports.
- Skills in forecasting and control of liquidity
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial information
- Sound knowledge of accounting and forecasting software and spreadsheet programs
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Analyst who is looking to work in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment. You will provide experienced analysis and commentary to management.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount Offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend