Group Financial Accountant
Job no: 498109
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
- Maintain effective oversight on group wide activities
- Focus on continuous improvement initiatives
- Hybrid working combining office-based and work from home
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our Group Finance team in this permanent, full time role. Reporting to the Group Financial Reporting Manager, take ownership of key corporate ledgers, provide insight to business partners and management, and maintain effective oversight on group-wide activities.
- Managing the month end process for Corporate ledgers, including complex intercompany recharges
- Producing Opex reporting including analysis against budget and forecast, engagement with business partners
- Assisting the broader Group Finance team in identifying areas for improvement and practical means to improve efficiency of financial results, e.g. reducing duplication, leveraging existing system functionality etc
- Supporting the Finance Project team with accounting change initiatives, e.g. improvements to the Oracle Cloud environment, monitoring compliance
- Improving the Financial Control environment by monitoring ‘detect’ and ‘prevent’ controls to improve the accuracy of financial results
Skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant, Big4/mid-tier first mover welcome
- Familiarity with key corporate accounting concepts- cash pooling, intercompany structures etc
- Comfortable with AIFRS financial reporting and complex group consolidation structures
- Experience in reporting to senior stakeholders, including preparation of written documents and presentation to management
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement initiatives and their implementation
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Accountant who is looking to work in a small team in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment. You will be a key member of the Group Finance team and have exposure and oversight to a diverse range of commercial matters.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend