- Exciting opportunity with real professional development
- Join a small dynamic team and gain exposure across all levels of the business
- Permanent Full-Time position located in Melbourne – with Hybrid working model
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
About the role:
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Credit Analyst to join our Customer Operations team, reporting to the Portfolio Analysis and Strategy Manager. The role is to conduct analysis and deliver insights to the Credit and Payments Functional Team. This will support strategic initiatives to manage Net Bad Debt Expense objectives and also improve Customer Experience and Cash Flow outcomes.
This will be achieved through detailed and pro-active analysis, trend analysis, Provision modelling and creation of meaningful reports that “Tell a Story”.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Credit and Collections team members with delivery of requested data
- Implementation from a data perspective, initiatives identified from your analysis
- Advise Credit/wider Business stakeholders on impact to Bad Debt Expense
- Design and develop the cash conversion forecast model
- Accurate and timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly reporting and analyse outputs to provide insights and intelligence across National Credit and Payments functions
- Identify and recommend process improvement opportunities in services, systems and procedures
To be successful you will have:
- Advanced experience with Excel (VBA) and SQL (or Equivalent)
- Exposure developing predictive statistical models using Python, SQL
- Considerable knowledge in data analysis in a high transactional volume Credit Management Area
- A strong understanding of the Credit Management principles in the Utilities industry
- Ability to present complex information to attain stakeholder and senior management buy in
- Tertiary qualification in Business / Commerce or related business discipline would be beneficial
This is a key role for an Experienced Senior Credit Analyst who is looking for that next challenge in their career!
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Applications close on the 8th of July