Project Development Advisor
Job no: 496693
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent full-time role based in Sydney or Melbourne CBD
- Provide key inputs and advice into the development projects across the organisation
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2025. Alinta has an extensive pipeline of potential projects heavily focused on renewable energy and innovative energy efficiency technologies.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Development Advisor to join our Asset Strategy team. Reporting to the Project Development Manager Environmental, you will be responsible for managing the environmental, land access and statutory approval requirements for new projects, primarily on the east coast of Australia. You will assist the Strategic and Business Development arms of the business to identify, assess and pursue new projects. The successful applicant will:
- Actively contribute to ideation, pre-feasibility and feasibility study phases for prospective development projects
- Conduct assessments, prepare reports and provide advice on sound environmental management practices for development, construction and operation of power generation development projects
- Investigate and understand the statutory and community requirements for development projects and inform Alinta’s approvals strategy for enabling those projects
- Prepare schedules for development project activities and identify resource needs for developing projects on time and within budget
- drive discussions with Traditional Owner groups, landowners customers and Regulators to reach agreements and obtain approvals to enable selected projects
- Oversee the development and design of innovative land access and impact mitigation strategies to provide a competitive advantage in winning new projects
- Manage specialist consultants to ensure agreed deliverables are provided in a timely manner
To be successful you will have:
- A desire to create a positive change and a willingness to learn from your peers
- Exceptional communication skills with demonstrated negotiation experience
- Prior experience in a project development role in mining, construction or energy projects
- A tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Construction, Sustainability, Renewable Energy, Surveying or other relevant discipline
- Strong organisation skills and be able to manage a range of competing priorities and projects
- A high level conceptual, analytical and interpretive skills
- Experience in Indigenous relationships, Indigenous engagement and heritage management will be an advantage
- Environmental Management experience in the mining or energy industry and/or a Registered Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) will be highly regarded
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager/Advisor or Project Engineer who is looking to bring their previous power generation experience to a growing national and fast paced energy company. There will be some interstate travel required.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Applications close 2 March 2020.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend