Senior Retail Compliance Advisor
Job no: 496932
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Legal & Regulatory
- Melbourne CBD Based
- Exciting opportunity for a compliance or legal professional
- Growing organisation, supportive team
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2025.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Retail Compliance Advisor to join our team on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting to Head of Retail Compliance, you will be the first point of contact for retail Compliance matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide commercial compliance advice to the business on all retail compliance related matters
- Establish a positive compliance-business partnership with internal stakeholders
- Develop a detailed understanding of the retail business’ compliance direction
- Assess compliance incidents and report breaches to the regulators
- Support business units in addressing trends and non-compliance issues and ensure agreed actions are implemented within reasonable timeframes
- Review business processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations and provide compliance feedback and approval
- Assist the business to implement audit plans
- Assist with the preparation and reporting of compliance reports to the regulators
- Perform regular and ongoing trend analysis of compliance data identifying areas of improvement
- Assist with the implementation of new regulatory obligations
To be successful you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in the Energy sector or similar field, with a proven history of familiarity with legislation pertaining to retail energy, energy markets procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to influence outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with proven experience in external stakeholder management
- Experience in conducting investigations, analysis of performance, compliance trends and introducing improvements
- Ability to apply a balanced compliance and business lense
- Ability to simplify compliance complexity to facilitate internal business understanding
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly, prioritise and achieve successful outcomes
- Proficiency in the use of with Microsoft Office Suite
- An ability to be part of a high performing team, yet are able to be self-sufficient and work under minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic work ethic, wanting to make a difference with a lateral thinking approach
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend