Retail Commercial Analyst
Job no: 497088
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Do you love building budgeting and forecast financial models?
- Varied role allowing you to learn something new every day
- Join a team who embraces innovation and change
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Retail Commercial Analyst to become an integral part of the national Retail Commercial team based in our modern Perth CBD offices. The purpose of the role is to inform strategic decision making and long-term forecasting through analysis and communication of business trends across various retail segments. This position requires a combination of having great attention to detail and maintaining a “big picture” business perspective.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of the Retail models to effectively support the business’ market analysis and forecasting activities in various markets
- Undertake analysis, quantifying risk and opportunities, including detailed scenario modelling, using a range of different assumptions to support recommendations
- Providing insight using recurring reports to assess the operational performance of the business against budgeted KPIs
- Provide insightful analysis on competitor activity and how it will impact on Alinta
- Working effectively within a high performing team environment and contributing to success through a positive and professional attitude
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk or related numeric discipline
- Advanced user of both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strongly numerate with a capacity to build sophisticated financial models
- A good undertesting of profit and loss statements, budgets and forecasts
- Ability to swiftly comprehend complex matters (particularly financial) and to effectively communicate their key points in a concise and straight-forward manner
- A continuous improvement mindset and ability to identify areas for improvement and drive efficiency in reporting and processes
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and motivated individual who is passionate about working with data and numbers and translating them into commercial insight as part of a team focused on building capability in a fast paced and growing business. If you are willing to learn and challenge the status quo, this is a great career opportunity to truly make an impact.
It’s a really an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us.
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend