Audit and Assurance Manager
Job no: 497099
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Bring your Audit and Assurance experience to this newly created role
- Thrive within a supportive and collaborative work culture
- Exciting opportunity to join an organisation with a focus on Renewable Energy
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our custom
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
About the role:
We have a newly created opportunity for an experienced Assurance and Audit Manager to join our fast-paced team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Head of Retail Compliance, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the compliance assurance framework in line with organizational policies and regulatory standards. You will also manage and facilitate internal and external regulator audits, including the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and Essential Services Commission (ESC) compliance audits.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design and implementation of a Retail compliance assurance framework to ensure effective processes, procedures & controls are in place
- Proactively manage compliance risks & issues and work with stakeholders to develop & implement mitigation strategies & controls
- Providing meaningful insights to senior stakeholders from assurance activities
- Managing internal stakeholders during the audit process and track their progress to ensure all required information is provided to the auditors in line with the audit timetable
- Providing recommendations to the Retail business on suggested improvements following audit outcomes
- Tracking all audit findings and ensuring that all commitments are met within the agreed time-frames
- Managing any follow-up audit actions with the regulators
To be successful you will have:
- 6 + years of experience within an assurance or audit role (retail energy sector or other regulated industry will be highly regarded)
- Proven experience developing and implementing a compliance assurance framework
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of written reports for senior management or external regulatory bodies
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to leverage collaborative outcomes across the business
- Outstanding time management skills
This role will be highly visible across the organisation and will see you establish and build key relationships both internally and externally. This is a great opportunity to put your mark on a newly created position that will see you design and implement a Retail compliance assurance framework.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 1st April 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend